600 HOUR HAIR BRAIDING TEACHER PROGRAM
An approved hair braiding program that provides hair braiding teachers training utilizing a teacher program that includes 600 clock hours (1 credit hour equals 30 clock hours) of instruction. The instruction includes Educational Psychology; Teaching Methods; Application of Teaching Methods and Business Methods. The approximate completion date of day full time weekend program is 50 weeks, based on 12 clock hours per week.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To provide a quality educational system preparing each student to pass the state board examination. Our quality system includes providing an outstanding facility, experienced and competent instructors, and a curriculum developed through years of experience and expertise.
- To train and graduate students who are prepared, confident and exit to enter a successful career within the salon and beauty industry.
MEASURABLE PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Receive the required number of clock hours of training.
- Complete and receive passing grades on all practical graduation requirements and projects to include examinations, both practical and theoretical (80% or better).
- Satisfactory pass final written and practical exams.
- The approved program for a 500-hour Teacher Training Course shall be based on 2 years of practical experience as a hair braider and shall consist of the teacher training curriculum outlined in subsection (a) with the exception of the 100 hours of post-graduate training.
- Students are required to attend all classes and pass all written assignments, quizzes and final exams with an average score of 80% or better to be eligible to sit for Illinois State Licenses.
2016 Start Dates
- May 8, 2016
- September 11, 2016